Hang Pygmy Exploration- 2 days 1 night
Explore the huge Hang Pygmy Cave
This exploration tour will take you to one of the largest caves in the world in Vietnam.
2 days 1 night
Hang Pygmy Exploration
Price: $ 285 per person
The Hang Pygmy Exploration was initiated by Jungle Boss in early 2018 and was conducted by very few people. In fact, fewer people have gone through these 2 caves than on Everest. As a freshly laid out path, this route is a highly authentic jungle hike to the "not so small" sister cave of Hang Son Doong, Hang Pygmy.
This hike is perfect for adventures looking for an exciting challenge with an incredible reward. You'll hike and climb to explore the 3.5-kilometer Hang Over and explore the huge cave of Hang Pygmy, the fourth largest cave in the world. They hike, swim and camp in the pristine Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park.
After the briefing we will take the 45min-1 hour drive to Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park.
After saying goodbye to civilization, we leave the road and start the jungle trek. As you walk through the jungle, our guide will teach you about the local flora, perhaps you will be rewarded with a few delights that the jungle has to offer, and will tell you something about the culture of the minority jungle people (the Ruc Ca Roong).
After being provided with filtered water, a helmet and lights, the team explores the Hang Over Cave. Hang Over begins with a long, narrow shaft of various cave formations that increase in size and beauty with each step. Eventually, the team will reach a huge grotto filled with amazing stalagmites and stalactites, and beautiful pools. Here in the grotto, the guide chooses a suitable place for lunch.
Hang Over and Hang Pygmy were once a large cave where the ceiling collapsed. It created 2 caves and a unique jungle inside the cave system. After climbing the jungle, you will enter the vast chamber of Hang Pygmy. Here our driver and porter team equips you with suitable abseiling equipment, informs you about safety procedures and equips your harness with a fail-safe system. One after the other, one by one, each one descends into the cave, an 80-meter descent, with 23 meters covered by abseiling. Once all are safely on the floor of the chamber, the group makes a short walk and turns around the corner to the MASSIVE Cathedral the exit of Hang Pygmy.
Hang Pygmy, the fourth largest cave in the world, where you build the campsite at the mouth of the cave or in the middle of the jungle in the cave. As you explore this mighty cavern, our team of porters prepares a Vietnamese meal of rice, vegetables, soup and meat. Oh, and as usual in Vietnam, rice wine will be included. Cheers ! "Mot Hi Ba Zo!"
A day under the earth.
The morning starts with a hearty breakfast and coffee or tea. After the meal, our team of porters clears up, making sure nothing is left behind!
At the trekking home, we take a few more breaks to rest and enjoy a snack, with the opportunity to marvel at the amazing jungle valley from which you hiked. As you leave the jungle trail, you will be greeted by the road with some cold drinks and a bus ride back to the Jungle Boss office!
For guests who do not want to travel in a group, we are happy to offer a private tour on request.
* Please note: This tour is available on request. We will confirm the availability within a short time after receiving your request.
- Take sunscreen, hat, insect repellent and sunglasses
- Please be ready in time for our pick-up service
- Please keep necklaces and other trinkets in your hotel for safety's sake
- Wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt to prevent mosquito bites
- Swimwear, extra clothing, long socks, small backpack, drybag and (optional) hiking boots to bring
- Professional tips:
Our porters will carry everything you need for the day. Keeping your backpack as light as possible makes the journey much more enjoyable.
- Take an extra battery for your camera
Do not forget to delete your memory cards
- Bring foot powder to keep feet dry (baby powder)
- Free pick up and drop off of hotels in Phong Nha
- English speaking tour guide
- Mineral water, and tropical fruits
- All entrance fees
- safety equipment
- Use of trekking shoes in Euro sizes 36 - 45 We recommend to bring your own shoes.
- We recommend not to use Goretex / waterproof boots, as it takes a long time to dry these shoes.
- Entrance fees (1.300.000 VND / person for the National Park
- Camping equipment
- Use of towels
- Porter Team
- other drinks
- Tips and personal expenses