Phong Nha Explorer Tour
Discover Phong Nha
Experience the jungle and fascinating caves in 3 days and 2 nights on a unique tour into the adventure land of Phong Nha.
3 days 2 nights
Phong Nha - Explorer
Price: $ 179 per person
Stay in one of the most beautiful resorts in Phong Nha. Enjoy the sight of endless rice fields and untouched nature. This exclusive tour takes you to three of the most unique caves in Phong Nha. Swim in the crystal clear waters of a lake in the jungle, and in the Tra Ang Cave.
Day 1: Our driver will pick you up from the airport hotel in Dong Hoi City and then transfer you to Phong Nha to your comfortable farmstay resort.
In the afternoon you have time to relax by the swimming pool or to discover the nearby river by kayak. Enjoy local delicacies in one of the best restaurants in the area while watching the beautiful sunset.
Day 2: This day takes you to the beautiful Paradise Cave. Explore the cave and see the unique formations. Your guide informs you about the origin of the caves.
The tour continues with a trip to the 8 Ladies Cave and the War Martyr Memorial. In this cave, 8 people were caught during a bombing raid. Let our guides tell you the whole story and learn about the history and traditions of Vietnam. Please wear clothes that cover your knees and shoulders for this visit.
The highlight of the trip is Tra Ang Cave. Take a short hike through the jungle, where you will be greeted in a pristine setting with a BBQ lunch prepared by our porters. After lunch, you can take a fun and relaxing bath in the crystal clear waters of Hang Tra Ang and swim in a cave (optional) before heading home.
Day 3: Before leaving today, you will be briefed in English on the sights in the cave and the surrounding area. With a bit of historical knowledge, this trip is doubly worthwhile.
Use the bicycles (or optional car transfer) and cycle to the Phong Nha Cave boat station. There you will take a boat trip to Phong Nha Cave.
Phong Nha Cave is a majestic river cave and was the first cave in the area opened in 1997 for tourists. The second cave (can be visited on request) above the Phong Nha cave is called Tien Son. It is a smaller cave. The 400 steps leading to the cave will reward you with spectacular views of the surrounding area and peace and quiet.
In the afternoon transfer back to the airport to Dong Hoi. (On request, the stay can of course be extended!)
For guests who do not want to travel in a group, we are happy to offer a private tour on request.
* Please note: This tour is available on request. We will confirm the availability within a short time after receiving your request.
** The price is based on 2 people sharing a double room.
- Take sunscreen, hat, insect repellent and sunglasses
- Please be ready in time for our pick-up service
- Please keep necklaces and other trinkets in your hotel for safety's sake
- Wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt to prevent mosquito bites
- Swimwear, extra clothing, long socks, small backpack, drybag and (optional) hiking boots to bring
- 2x night including breakfast at Phong Nha Farmstay
- Free pick up and drop off to the airport (or train station) in Dong Hoi
- English speaking tour guide
- Lunch at the Paradise Cave Tour
- Mineral water, and tropical fruits
- All entrance fees
- safety equipment
- Use of trekking shoes in Euro sizes 36 - 45 We recommend to bring your own shoes.
- We recommend not to use Goretex / waterproof boots, as it takes a long time to dry these shoes.
- Entrance fees to the National Park, Paradise Cave, Phong Nha Cave and boat ride
- Use of towels (Paradise Cave Tour)
- other drinks
- Tips and personal expenses
If you are looking for something challenging, but EXTREMELY rewarding and authentic, click hereto watch our Tiger Cave Series adventure.